09 Jan All Veggie Lasagna
Makes: 4-6 Servings
Time: 1 hour
2 large zucchinis, peeled and sliced into thin, full length strips
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into thin, full length strips
2 medium tomatoes, sliced into thin discs
2 medium red beets, ends cut, and scrubbed
5 sundried tomatoes, softened in warm water for 30 minutes
2 Tb. nutritional yeast, divided
1 tsp. sea salt, divided
2 Tb. fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup hemp seeds
1 cup water
1 large red onion, diced
2 medium peeled garlic cloves
1 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 Tb. coconut oil
1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
1 Tb. fresh garlic, minced
4 cups spinach leaves
1/4 cup vegetables stock
1 Tb. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 Tb. unsweetened almond milk
1. Fill a large steamer pot with water and bring to a boil.
2. In batches, lightly steam zucchini and carrots strips and set aside.
3. Add scrubbed beets to steamer pan and steam for 15 minutes. Remove, and when cool enough to handle, peel, and slice into thin discs. Set aside.
4. In a food processor combine sundried tomatoes, 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, 1/4 tsp. sea salt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, hemp seeds, and water, and purée until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
5. In the same food processor combine remaining nutritional yeast, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, remaining lemon juice, garlic, parsley, basil, and olive oil. Purée until thoroughly combined and then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F.
7. Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté 4 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add spinach, remaining sea salt, and vegetable stock, and heat until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
8. Reduce heat to low and stir in Italian seasoning, black pepper and almond milk. Remove from heat.
9. Grease an 8 x 8 oven-proof dish. Lay 6 strips of zucchini in the bottom. Spread pesto over the top of zucchini, then top with sundried tomato sauce. Top with a layer of carrot strips, then sautéed spinach, then sliced tomatoes, and beets. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
10. Warm in oven for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.